Monday, November 28, 2005

And away we go!

I’ve just been watching the circus surrounding the end of Parliament and it really gets the juices of a political junkie like me flowing. With a new job in a new city I’ll be sitting out this campaign for the most part, and as the momentum has built to this day over the past few months I’ve been fine with that, taking the attitude of a pox on all their houses.

Still, now that we’re underway I think now that we’re here I think I'm going to miss being in the thick of it. Especially after having organized and campaigned in rural B.C., where, even if the Conservative and NDP candidates drove their cars into each other on the way to an all candidates meeting, the odds were still against us. Things may be tougher for the Liberals in Ontario then they were in the heydays of the 1990s, but it’s still no comparison. Here it’s safe to tell people in conversation that you’re a Liberal. In B.C., outside Vancouver? Not so much.

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

No comments: