Monday, April 30, 2007

This is your 6:15 am wake-up call

Apologies for the lack of blogging of late but it's been a busy period at work lately with a lot of travel. Last week as mentioned I was in Atlanta, and this week it's St. Louis for IBM's PartnerWorld conference.

Blessfully, next week I'm off to Courtenay, BC for a week and a half of vacation in the hometown, Can't wait. And of course, having booked with my Aeroplan points, I get to spend a night in Calgary on the way back. Not that I should complain, could have been Saskatoon...

I had hoped to go see the Cardinals and Cubs play a little baseball last night, but the unfortunate death of Cards pitcher John Hancock. Had also hoped to use my afternoon off yesterday to go up the famed St. Louis arch (didn't know there was an observation deck, I just thought it was a big arch) but a splitting headache (perhaps too much travel lately) confined me to my room after popping some Tylenol.

A thought occurred to me this morning though as I woke-up (blessedly headache free). Whenever I travel I generally use the hotel's wake-up service for my morning wake-up call. This morning, the phone woke me at the unfortunately ungodly hour of 6:15 am.

When you pick up the phone it's generally a recorded message greeting you, yet for some reason I always respond with a "thank-you" before hanging-up the phone and flipping on CNN, despite the fact it's just an automated message.

I wonder, am I the only one that thanks the computerized voice? Is is a product of my Canadian politeness, or my inability to function coherently early in the morning?

Such are the thoughts I ponder when I should be listening to the details of IBM's social networking initiatives for partners...

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

1 comment:

rob said...

Not that I should complain, could have been Saskatoon

You should be so lucky to be given an opportunity to visit my fair city!

You are no longer welcome in Saskatoon!