Thursday, October 18, 2007

On my way to Ottawa

I'll be off to the airport in a little bit for a short flight to Ottawa for a work conference. I'll keep an eye out for any cases of election fever. Luckily, I visited the doctor the other day and got vaccinated, so I'm blissfully immune, so shawarma here i come.

Before I head to the Maple Leaf Lounge to knock-back complimentary rum and cokes though, I thought I'd link to this column today by Warren Kinsella, How Dion can get his groove back. Even though he thinks I'm a fool...because, this time, he makes some good sense I think.

On the whole election thing, it will come in due course, and when it does no one besides political partisans will remember or care who voted what on the throne speech. In the mean time, the Liberal Party overall needs to get its groove back. Or, to use another more popular pop culture reference, find its mojo. I was going to make a joke hear about FatBastard stealing our mojo, but then some humourless troll would accuse me of taking a shot at Stephen Harper, and that's not what I was going for.

Anyway, two quick pieces of advice from me on the mojo front. One, Let Dion be Dion. Two, POLICY!!

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

3 comments:

Gayle said...

I have to agree - Kinsella has some good advice there, even if he does think you are a fool...

Warren K said...

Kinsella doesn't think you are a fool. I apologize for that.

You just pissed me off when you called my friend names. Particularly when said friend was someone you previously professed to support.

Burton, Formerly Kingston said...

LMAO, See the Libs can patch things up, OMG, this is so touching, I have a tear in my eye. Joking guys.