Monday, November 12, 2007

Finally some fundraising creativity


Fundraising letters don’t have to be flashy to be successful. And, it has been said, when it comes to fundraising letters hooky works. So I was glad to see the folks at the LPC are using a little creativity in their fundraising, sending this ‘Teledispatch’ to my mailbox last week.

You may laugh, but letters like this are how the Conservatives have been so successful in raising lots of money, in small amounts, and have been continually smoking us at fundraising since the new campaign finance regime came into force.

So, I’m glad to see the LPC is getting on board with direct mail solicitations; I hope it’s a success and that they do more of it. I’ve also been seeing more e-mail solicitations from the party lately, I think they could do a little better in terms of rapid response and issue-based solicitations, but they’re heading in the right direction.

While I disagree with Robert on cautioning against mail-outs, indeed we need to do more (and more targeted to issues as well), I do take his point on supplementing such traditional fundraising methods with some other, more creative ones as well. I think they’re working on that too, the recent One Night, 100 Dinners is a good example. Hopefully we’ll see more continued creativity, and people will offer their suggestions.

In the meantime, as priceless as my kvetching from the sidelines is, I’ve sent in my $50 in response to the solicitation. I hope some of my Liberal blogging brethren will do the same.

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

2 comments:

A Eliz. said...

I received the same in the mail and sent them $50, as well

Jim (Progressive Right) said...

I routinely go home to piles of "Please Send us Money or Liberals will Eat Your Children" letters, followed by phone calls telling us that "Liberals Want Another Election".

It's annoying as h-e-double hockey sticks, but that's the only way you're going to get the money.

One suggestion I had some time ago, that I'm only happy to re-raise, is that when you guys hold a freebie town hall or public meeting, that you need to hype the donations there too.