Thursday, April 16, 2009

Road to Vancouver: Convention keynote speakers announced

History dictates that, one day, one of these keynote speakers will run for Liberal leader (after Michael has a long, successful run of course). I see a name or two on here I'd like ... Jean may be a little old though, alas. But I can dream.

International human rights take centre stage at the 2009 Biennial Convention in Vancouver. Former Supreme Court Justice and United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Louise Arbour and War Child Canada President Dr. Eric Hoskins will be speaking at the Opening Ceremonies. Former Prime Ministers John Turner, Jean Chrétien and Paul Martin will also address delegates during the convention.
I'm also looking forward to the tribute to and speech by Stephane Dion. A good man who will always have my respect.

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

No comments: