Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hey, I know this band...

My day job as a technology journalist involves lots of travel to conferences across the U.S. Often, at the larger conferences this means a concert.

Sometimes its a big-name act, I've seen Eric Clapton and Sheryl Crow at past conferences. Other times, it's a has been you thought broke-up long ago and seem to be relying on the corporate circuit for a living. For example, on the last Ontario election day I was in Las Vegas listening to Hootie and the Blowfish.

Right now I'm down in Orlando, and on Sunday night The Gin Blossoms performed for the opening night party. I recognized the name but couldn't recall any songs. Then I punched them into YouTube, and four or five times it was "hey, I know this song" as memories of high school came flooding back.

I managed to get right-up front for what turned out to be a pretty fun show, here's a taste:



Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

1 comment:

Jason Hickman said...

For example, on the last Ontario election day I was in Las Vegas listening to Hootie and the Blowfish.Ouch. Still, given the results, I think you got the best of that deal...