Saturday, July 11, 2009

Not discriminating takes guts in the Conservative caucus?

Conservative Senator Nancy Ruth seems ready to submit Diane Ablonczy's name to Stockholm for Nobel consideration:

"I give Ablonczy 100 per cent credit for choosing not politically to discriminate against something Pride Toronto had a legitimate reason to apply for and met all the criteria," Ruth said in an interview Thursday.

"It takes guts not to discriminate when you know there is a faction within your party who isn't going to like it. That takes guts and courage and I admire that."

Now don't get me wrong, I support Ablonczy on this. But when NOT choosing to discriminate against an event that will pump millions of dollars into the economy takes GUTS and COURAGE because it might offend some nutbars, then I think that speaks to some rather serious problems with this Conservative government, doesn't it?

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

No comments: