Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fox gave Huckabee a show?

I'm down in Denver for a few days for work, and one of my favourite things to do when I'm down in the US of A is to watch Fox News. In small doses, of course. I don't want to end up in an American hospital with bleeding ears.

Did you know they gave former (and future?) Republican presidential nomination candidate Mike Huckabee a show. It's quite amusing so far? He speaks in a flat monotone. And he even has a studio audience, who seem to enjoy his occasional lame jokes.

Speaking of health care, as I came down the dial Huckabee was in full rant mode (for Huckabee, that is), with the theme of how he'd trust Walmart more than the government to deliver health care. Because if he's not satisfied with the product he buys at Walmart, he can return it. I'm confused, Mike. If you're not satisfied with your Walmart colonoscopy, what exactly will you return for a refund? And will Walmart import the liver for your transplant from China?

It gets better, though. He ended with a line (I'm paraphrasing) until the government has demonstrated they can deliver bottled water to people, I don't want them delivering babies.

A more obvious Katrina-reference I have never seen. Remind me again, Mike, whose watch that was on.

Anyway, gotta go. After the commercial, Huckabee is interviewing Farah Fawcett's best friend on her new book.

Ah, Fox News.

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it helps to remember that Huckabee was governor of Arkansas. That's the home state of WalMart.

Maybe the culture of WalMart is greater in the US south and even more so if one is a former governor in the state WalMart dominates.