Friday, September 04, 2009

Peter Hume on Jasmine MacDonnell for quote of the day

If you haven't heard, Ottawa Mayor Larry O'Brien, fresh off his courtroom vindication, has hired another controversial figure, Jasmine MacDonnell, as his new communications director. MacDonnell, of course, had that job with Natural Resources minister Lisa Raitt before her penchant for misplacing tape recorders of embarassing conversations in bathrooms and binders of secret documents in television studios became troublesome for the government.

I believe in second chances, so while I find Mayor Larry and Jasmine an very interesting pairing, I wish her luck. I did, though, want to share this quote from Ottawa city councillor Peter Hume:

Alta Vista Councillor Peter Hume was at first at a loss for words over the mayor's choice.

"The mayor's office ... the mayor ... wow," he said, before finding his feet.
That was much my reaction as well.

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

2 comments:

RuralSandi said...

Not that I'm the suspicious type or anything, but maybe it was a reward for taking the fall for Raitt.

I know, I know, but nothing surprises me.

Jennifer Smith said...

OMG I thought you were kidding! That is utterly bizarre.