Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Seems Christy Clark will launch BC Liberal leadership run this morning

A few quality candidates are already in the race to replace Gordon Campbell as the next leader of the B.C. Liberal Party (I hear good things about Kevin Falcon), but I'm excited to see that it appears likely former education minister and deputy Premier Christy Clark will throw her hat in the ring this morning.


She's making an announcement this morning in Vancouver at SFU's Segal School of Business, 500 Granville at Pender. It's open to all with doors opening at 8am and the announcement at 8:30am PDT. If you can't make it in person, you can also watch the live stream online at her Web site.

I've supported the BC Liberals in the past, but I felt they drifted too far to the right over the years for my comfort, and in the last election I was in B.C. for I actually, reluctantly, voted NDP. I think the BC Liberals need to return to their moderate, centrist, progressive roots, and I'm hopeful Christy could be the candidate to make that happen, and bring progressives like me back into the fold.

I'm looking forward to hearing what Christy, Kevin and the other candidates have to say on the issues in what should be a very interesting race. Two races actually, with Carole James' resignation this week as BC NDP leader. They have some challenging issues to deal with.

The B.C. political landscape is about to undergo a major shake-up. One thing is more sure; B.C. politics are never dull!

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers