Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Eating on the road: Breakfast at Olive et Gourmando in Montreal

When I was looking for breakfast spots during my visit to Montreal last year, Olive et Gourmando came up a lot. And just a few blocks walk from my hotel in Old Montreal, I had to give it a try.

My sleep cycle was still a little messed up so I got there early before they opened, and ended up being first in line as people quickly began to que behind me. My timing was good as they quickly filled up the small space once they opened the doors.

I tend to lean more savory for breakfast, but looking at their menu I couldn't resist a trip to the sweet side. The item that had caught my eye in my research, and featured in many reviews, was was called Sweet Ricotta. The description was housemade ricotta, honey, orange zest, Maldon salt. Served with brioche bread. Tourist priced at $17.95, but I had to give it a try.


Overall I liked it, but I did have some notes. The ricotta was very tasty and paired well with the sticky honey as well as the orange zest, which was a definite flavour enhancer. My note would be the bread, which needed more of a toast and crunch. It was too bready for my liking, and so wasn't the vessel I wanted to transport the sweet ricotta to my belly.

With better toasted bread though, this could be killer.

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

No comments: