Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Eating on the road: Restaurant Moccione in Montreal

My favourite meal in Montreal probably came on my last night. During my  pre-trip research, Restaurant Moccione had come up a few times as one of the better restaurants in the city -- an unassuming spot in the PM's riding of Papineau. A bit of a subway trip from downtown, but I thought I would give it a try.

I'm glad I did. It's a small spot in a quiet neighborhood, tucked into a corner, but a cozy spot with an impressive walk-in wine cellar.

I wish I had come slightly hungrier, as the menu looked all good, but I did have smoked meat earlier in the day. So I decided to not go crazy and order a nice pasta dish: Agnolotti stuffed with beef, mushrooms, jus de viande,  parmigiano.


It was truly excellent. Every bite rich and flavourful. The pasta cooked perfectly, the mushrooms delish, the meaty sauce rich and flavourful, the parm a nice bit of salt to complement. And it was the perfect size for my limited appetite. 

I don't often order pasta when dining out, but pasta done right is a real treat and this hit the spot.

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

No comments: