Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Interesting conference in Toronto next week

Really cool conference in Toronto next week called Mesh. It's all about Web 2.0 and touches on blogging and politics as well.

The U of O's Internet law guru, Professor Michael Giest, is giving a keynote. There are also two really interesting sounding panels that are unfortunately running concurrently. One asks "Are Bloggers Journalists?", a question I've posed often, and the other panel asks "Can Bloggers Influence Politics?" and features heavyweight political bloggers Warren Kinsella, Paul Wells and the sorely missed in blogland Andrew Coyne, as well as the Internet chief for the Ignatieff campaign, Brad Davis.


I wish I could make it down and I did get a media invite from the organizers, but alas it's on a weekday and I just can't make enough of a connection between the content and my day job (reporting on enterprise IT) to justify a day out of the office. But if you're in the area and available I'd encourage you to check it out, and hopefully blog all about it.

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

1 comment:

Penelope Persons said...

Where IS Andrew Coyne, anyway??