Thursday, March 13, 2008

Taking care of meme business

I've been tagged in two blog memes in recent days. I'm not a huge fan of these things but in the blogging spirit I shall answer, but I shall not pass the tag on.

The most recent was by James Bowie, asking six bloggers to list a few things they're doing for the Liberal Party.

  1. I've been a member of the party for roughly 14 odd years, the bulk of it in rural British Columbia where I was often the only Young Liberal, the average age of the riding association was over 50, and, well, let's just say being Liberal wasn't the cool thing to be, or the easy thing.

  2. In addition to my time, many volunteer hours over the years, I regularly make financial donations to the party, both to encourage more grassroots fundraising efforts and because, well, the party really needs the money.

  3. I'm going to be spending much of the weekend volunteering for the Martha Hall-Findlay campaign. Canvassing Saturday, training Sunday, and I've taken work off Monday to spend e-day whereever they need me.

  4. I write a humble blog, which I try to use in my own way to advance the Liberal cause, whether it be calling attention to the improper doings of the government or the parties that oppose us, or advocating for the policies and direction in which I believe our party, and our country, should be taken.

  5. And most importantly, when I believe my party leadership is wrong, is moving in the wrong direction, or is not being true to the ideals and spirit of the Liberal party and the grassroots, I say so forthrightly and honestly. Because I believe a blind faith isn't a strong one, I think groupthink is cancerous, and because I believe in the ideals and spirit of the Liberal party I think I owe it that much. More than anything else, that's the most important thing I can do.

The other meme is six unimportant things about myself, tagged by Random Noise.

  1. As a child I kissed the Blarney Stone. They say doing so grants you the gift of gab. I'll leave it up to you whether I should ask for a refund.

  2. I lived in Germany for four years as a youth, and went back on exchange as a teen. When speaking German, if I didn't know the right word I would subconciously subtitute its French equivelent instead.

  3. I'm a dog person. Cats are lame.

  4. I'm procrastinate terribly.

  5. Me grammar bad.

  6. I don't like beer. Just don't like the taste. They say its acquired, but I say why should I make the effort?

Anyone who wants to pick up either meme may consider themselves tagged.

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

No comments: