Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dippers...on a plane!

Not that I don't think this is serious because leaving your secret cabinet documents laying around, whether its at your ex-girlfriend's pad or with the Skymall catalogue in your seatback pocket, is a definite no-no, but the first thought I had when reading this

Maxime Bernier left briefing notes out during a commercial airline flight where a New Democratic MP could read them, the NDP said yesterday, offering what it says is further evidence that the ex-foreign affairs minister was careless with documents.

“He was in the aisle seat, I was in the window seat. I could clearly read the exposed parts of the document - as I'm sure the folks across the aisle from him could too," she said. The notes offered Mr. Bernier advice on what to say to the United States about Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan as well as the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force there. "It was about what the minister should say to [U.S. Secretary of State] Condoleezza Rice about Operation Enduring Freedom and the ISAF mission and [to] thank her for how communications between OEF and ISAF had improved," Ms. Black recounted.

… was man, I hope I don’t sit next ever sit near a member of the NDP caucus on an airplane

A new APEC-related allegation surfaced in Parliament yesterday. An opposition MP said he overheard the Solicitor-General predict the outcome of the Vancouver inquiry.

NDP member Dick Proctor says he eavesdropped on Andy Scott while the two were travelling on the same plane.

Proctor says he took 11 pages of notes during the flight last week.

If the NDP elects more MPs I'm going to need to get one of those privacy screens for my laptop, I think. Where’s Samuel L. Jackson when you need him

But seriously, don't leave your secret papers in the seatback pocket genius.

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

No comments: