Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Political Christmas cards, and Scarborough subways subways subways

Before I head to the West Coast tomorrow for Christmas, I thought I'd share a few of the political Christmas cards that -- for the last year ever if the Conservatives and Canada Post get their way -- the mailman has dropped through the slot of my front door.

The first, and my favourite, is from my local Liberal MPP, Scarborough-Centre's Brad Duguid. Clearly, he knows what his constituents want for Christmas -- subways subways subways.


Sticking with provincial politics, here's the card from Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne, who poses with her happy extended family.

And finally, federal Liberal leader Justin Trudeau's card includes scenes from his RV tour of BC this summer with his family and other happy family shots.


Lastly, it's not a Christmas card, but I have to share this recent mailer from the Fort McMurray-Athabasca Conservative MP, that perhaps demonstrates why their party prefer their MPs use centrally-produced filler for these taxpayer-funded mailers. The one-sheater to constituents includes a crossword puzzle that's all about Brian Jean. One clue asks his hair colour, for example. Help me with another clue though; what's a 10-letter word for someone in love with themselves, starts with an n?


Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

No comments: