Monday, March 20, 2006

B for Back in the country

I am home from California and swamped with work and dirty laundry. It was a busy week in San Diego, but more to report there later. I've much work to catch up on at the office, for now I just wanted to mention I went to see the movie V for Vendetta over the weekend and enjoyed it very much.

I'd very much recommend it. It was a little unnecessarily violent/bloody at times but it had a very powerful political message about the politics of fear and what happens when the many devolve their freedoms to the few in exchange for promises of security and safety.

I won't make any references to today's political situation as I think they're easy enough to make, I'll just say the film raises some very important questions and issues worthy of further thought.

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

No comments: