Thursday, February 15, 2024

Eating on the road: Eating all the calories at Shake Shack

Right now I am am averaging about one visit to Shake Shack a year, since they are only in the United States. I went a year ago November in New York City, and this past December during a trip to Washington, DC. 

It's good they're so far away because they are both so good and so bad for me. I hear they may be coming to Toronto though, and that would be bad news for my diet.

But until such a day they're a rare treat, and one I gladly walked several blocks on a chilly DC day to have for a late lunch. They're also not cheap; part of this could be the exchange rate between the US and Canadian dollars not being swell.

Anyways, I went to the kiosk and ordered a double bacon cheeseburger, crinkle fries with cheese, and one of their limited time Trolls shakes -- the Cinnamon Roll Shake. That's a lot but hey, once a year amiright?


Holy crap it was so good. The burger was greasy cheesy goodness. Every bite you know it's bad for you but it just tastes so good. The cheese sauce makes the fries delicious. And the shake, I love cinnamon and it was just delicious. I may or may not have had a nap before going to the hockey game that night.

I do still want to try In and Out, the California rival to Shake Shack, one more time to settle the rivalry for my own view once and for all. But Shake Shack will be tough to beat. And if they do come to Toronto, tough to resist.

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

No comments: